Friday 25 November 2011

Movember

I can't believe I nearly forgot to post this one up! Unless you've been under a rock you'll know that guys everywhere have been growing moustaches for 'Movember' to raise awareness and funds for male cancer charities. There's a fab t-shirt blog about it here . To show a bit of solidarity with the chaps who are undertaking this I created a little felt 'tache hairclip (handy photo prop too), you can either create your own or they will be available to buy on my Etsy shop (details to follow).
The template for your moustache masterpiece can be found here and here's the tutorial - I'd love to see what you make or hear any comments!
You will need: Coloured felt of your choice, pins, matching thread, sewing needle, polyester wadding, metal hair clip, embellishments.




Cut and pin your template to your felt, draw around the template and cut out (you'll need 2)





Sew your hairclip to one of the 2 felt moustache pieces






Pin the two moustache pieces together, trimming if necessary





Blanket stitch the two pieces together - I like to do so with contrasting thread, the stitches add a bit of depth :)




To stuff or not to stuff? the choice is yours! I add a little padding as I like the 3D effect. Finish sewing then.......



Voila!! Embellish in any way you desire (I added little black crystals to the black moustache but the photo doesn't show them very well) Wear your 'tache with pride!

Until next time! Don't forget, sharing is caring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment