Thursday 22 December 2011

Hic! Cranberry Vodka Tutorial

Well I wasn't expecting to be doing a tutorial post yet but this one's coming off the cuff due to me remembering one of my favourite things to make this time of year - Cranberry Vodka!! I made this last year and gave some to my local pub landlord and he swears he's never had a hangover til he had this - enjoy!

You will need:


  • 1ltr Vodka (as its being flavoured you can use cheap stuff)
  • 300g Fresh Cranberries
  • 150g Caster Sugar
  • 1 large or 2 smaller kilner jars
  • bottles (for bottling lol)






Weigh your sugar and put into your kilner jar (I used two and split the amount between them as I'll leave one to flavour for longer)








Add the vodka to the jar/jars








Prick the cranberries a few times (this is where I get a bit stabby stabby! teehee!) 







Put the cranberries in the jar/jars with the vodka







Look how pretty this looks already! At this point the berries had only been in this jar around 10 minutes

Shake the jars to get the cranberries agitated in the vodka and to start dissolving the caster sugar.  For the next 2 weeks you will need to shake them daily.  Personally I'll be doing one for 2 weeks and the other for about 3 or 4 to see which had the best flavour.

This makes an awesome present if you start it at the beginning of December - you can decant them in to pretty bottles and tie them up with ribbon and tags :)  Alternatively you can just keep it for yourself! 

I hope you enjoy this, I do enjoy making random things - let me know what you'd like to see more of on this blog, if there's something you'd like me to test out I'd love to hear it :)

Happy crafting
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment