Friday 30 December 2011

Adorable, Alice and adventures!

Just a quick post for today, things are always so rushed coming up to the new year and this year is no exception!  We're off doing some visiting this afternoon, it may get emotional as its the Mr's grandparents and (at their request) we haven't seen them in about 4 months or so (actually I think its about a year for me!), they're pretty old school and as they're ill have been worried about not being able to 'play host' but we finally convinced them they don't need to worry. 

As the 'crafty one' in the family I get the odd request for things, my sister text me 2 days ago asking if I could help her with her Alice in Wonderland costume for NYE - to be fair I'm happy to help I just didn't want to put myself under a tonne of pressure making the entire outfit so I said if she could get a dress I'd make the apron and give her the ribbon for her hair.  A couple of hours work yesterday afternoon and this is the result


Not the best picture I grant you but hopefully I'll get to see it in action!  I made it out of a Winceyette type fabric as I wanted it to be quite thick and its the best the fabric shop could offer me!  


In other news, I've also got the logo for my little venture done, we debated whether to keep the teapot or go with a button, the button won! I've had some great feedback so far and alot of support - 2012 is going to be a fantastic year I just know it!


Well I'll sign off for now before I start waffling but I'll catch you before NYE 

Happy crafting!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment