Tuesday 3 January 2012

Me Me Me!

Afternoon! Ok this one isn't going to be of much interest to alot of you I'm guessing as this is very much a 'me' posting.  2012 is usually a time for resolutions, however I don't believe in waiting to make a change - you wanna do it, you do it now, not Monday, not new year NOW!!  That said I've resolved (after reading Rockalily's post) this year to be a bit kinder to myself and also to dress like it matters.  Ok, also to stop biting my nails off - not that I want them too long, it impedes my crafting! 


I'd like to get back to my pin-uppy style to be honest - ok I've gone up a couple of dress sizes since I last went full out pin up and I've got short hair now but I think I can still pull it off, right?  Unfortunately I made the mistake of looking in my wardrobe :/  slouchy, unflattering clothes or things I can skate in - looks like I'm gonna be hitting Primark sometime soon then! I've not looked at vintage undies either - I love What Katie Did but it breaks my heart not being able to fit into some of their lovely things (before anyone hits at me about my weight I'll tell you now, fuck off! I've got a 'lovely' thyroid condition that screws that one over for me on a regular basis so lets just drop it eh!) However that's enough stropping like a toddler - lets focus on the positive!  


This week I AM giving myself an overhaul - starting with the hair.  Ideally this is the colour I want to achieve, I'm not ready to give up and go back to black quite yet :) So if any of you lovely people can recommend a shade/brand I'd love to hear from you!  On the subject of help, I'd also love to hear what brands of eyeliner you recommend for a pin up look - I'm currently using the Maybelline gel one (have also used MAC but am open to suggestion!).  Looking forward to tomorrow as I can finally order my Rockalily Lipstick too! 


I guess that's enough of the 'me' post now - to get it back onto crafting, I'll be giving the details of the 2012 ATC swap in the next week or so and also might give you some sneak peeks of the things I've been making for Adorable Little Extras.


Happy crafting!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment