Thursday 1 December 2011

White Rabbits!!

So December is finally upon us!  I had the smug satisfaction of pinch punching my other half this morning (hey, he's managed to get me the last 2 months in a row!) and I thought I'd crack on with my sewing while waiting for the first of my Christmas gifts to arrive.  The fruits for my Christmas cake are soaking (I'll share the recipe with you if you like when I post about it, I've not made one months in advance in a while now and this one is delish), I'm still pondering whether I've chosen the right colour scheme for my living room and I don't yet have a tree, but, its a little to early for my tastes to be decorating yet, especially as there's still crafting to be done. 


We decided that the boys are a little old for the traditional Christmas stocking treatment now (11.5 and 14 in case you were wondering), so I thought it would be a nice touch to downgrade slightly and hang mini stockings from my fireplace for each of us.  I've made 6 in total, well the 2 cats are family too! I'm not sure what I'm going to put in them yet but I figure the little surprises will be a nice after dinner tradition to start.  I'm sure there's lots of stocking templates floating around the internet, however, I will upload mine as soon as I can get it scanned into the computer.  


And so, here's my little Christmas stockings (just as a side note, the crystal in the middle of the embroidery is a kinda oil slick black in real life, it just looks rather flat here!)

      

As the Coke adverts say, holidays are coming.......

No comments:

Post a Comment