Wednesday 14 December 2011

Out with the old...time to renew

Morning :D If you can't tell I'm trying to keep on top of this blog thing now lol!  I know, I know this should have been the promised tutorial post but that can wait til later today (maybe tomorrow? teehee!) 


So, I've got a few 'personal issues' to work through, not this side of the holidays though - its not the done thing really is it?  Instead I decided to sort myself out - I was getting up in the mornings and getting more fed up with what I was seeing, I needed to become more 'me'.  Recently this has involved ditching the crazy hair colours and the black hair and going back to a lovely red colour (it suits my skin tone more) and as of Monday this also  involved me going for the chop!  Now, this time last year I had shoulder-ish length hair, ideal for rocking the pin up styles I loved and throughout 2011 its gradually gotten shorter (complete with undercut either side back in January) and as much as I liked the idea and had been talked into growing it again by the other half - I couldn't cope with the messiness! Well, that and the fact that, at one point my other half told me I looked like Hayley from Corrie (did wonders for the self esteem I tell you!).  I know my style, and heck, I can still pull off pin up with short hair - so I went from short bob shape to messy crop! 


I love it! I can dress it up or I can go for my slouchy style - but more importantly I feel happier in myself as I don't have to faff!!  I'm even tempted to make myself a Christmas dress now :D

Yesterday bought some much needed fun and crafty shopping with my friend Ceri.  She is ever so slightly mental in a fabulous way and we had a scream!  We hit all the fabric shops on City Rd in Cardiff and I think I managed to buy something in each one of them! Ceri is also a veeeery bad influence and I ended up buying one fabric which cost me £25 for a metre! She was right, I would have kicked myself if I'd gone back for it next week and it had gone - and on the upside it is over 2 metres wide so I'll get a few projects out of that one!! Problem was, I'd already picked out 3 fabrics that were £10 - £14 a metre each - agh! I really should use my mountain first but hey ho! I WILL use these before the new year!  Ceri was also slightly shocked and delighted that I'd never visited Inkspot and couldn't wait to take me there - and *poof* there goes more monies! Although, in all fairness, it did remind me how much I love Tim Holtz stuff! After stopping for a much needed sammich (just one sammich!) which was both filling and gorgeous we ventured forth in the hail/rain/lightning/thunder headed for 'Big Knitters' - Ceri determined to fill at least her mums part of the shopping list.  Much ooohing and aaaahing over Llama wool and other softness occurred while I was busy raiding the ribbons (yup, more spending!) and a quick detour into Shaws for some circular knitting needles and we were done and homeward bound!  I do love meeting up with Ceri, our randomness works so well, even to the point of me having tea come out of my nose (don't ask!).  Wanna peek at my purchases?  Lol thought you might! Apparently some of my taste in fabric is a little 'Juicy Couture' but its all good to me!



25p a metre? rude not to!


so much fabric!
a bit 'Juicy'?

That's enough from me for now, I guess I better go and actually *make* something!  Might see you later, but for now - happy crafting! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment